Seeking multiple, experienced wellsite geologists to join our team for rotational assignments in lead positions throughout the WCSB.
Reporting to the President and Vice President of Axiom Energy Services you will provide on-site geological supervision and geo-steering services as a Wellsite Geologist giving operational support in all areas as needed. You will act as liaison between the client’s operations geologist(s), Axiom’s relevant project staff and all on site personnel and relay immediately any abnormal well parameters to the client’s technical team for collaborative analysis before resuming drilling activities.
- To provide on-site geological supervision and geosteering services, including:
- Supervision of all geological well site operations, and coordination with all well site personnel (eg, directional drilling and MWD/LWD contractors, wireline service contractors, and coring operations personnel).
- Coordinate, monitor, and maintain quality control regarding all geological related well site activities.
- Coordinate and monitor the acquisition, analysis, and reporting of all geological data.
- Compile and distribute Well Completion Reports.
- Coordinate shipments of samples, logs, and reports as needed.
- Ensure all abnormal parameters are monitored, reported and reviewed with the Company Operations Geologist(s) and Drilling Supervisor(s) as required.
- Generate and distribute detailed reports, compiling parameters, observations, and interpretations as specified by the client.
- Supervise and mentor junior wellsite geologists.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology or Diploma in Geological Technology (with status of Geoscience Licensee or Registered Professional Technologist).
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Wellsite Geologist.
- Residents of Saskatchewan, Alberta preferred.
- Professionally fluent in written and spoken English (ILR Level 4-5 or CLB Level 10-12).
- Must be in good physical condition and willing to comply with all project health and safety requirements, including any rig specific certifications.
- Firm understanding of formation parameters and comfortable with fast paced data analysis/decision making.
- Successful completion of recognized First Aid, WHMIS 2015, and H2S training safety courses. Certifications must be current and not due to expire for the anticipated duration of the project.
For more information or to be considered for these positions, please contact or send resumes with accompanying well lists to email@example.com.