Axiom Environment & Engineering, a division of Axiom Group, is searching for an Intermediate Contaminated Sites Professional to join our dynamic and collaborative team of scientists, geologists, and engineers in our Saskatoon office.
Axiom Environment & Engineering provides a range of environmental and engineering consulting services to a diverse set of clients throughout North America. We also collaborate with our Energy Services, Exploration, and UAV & Geomatics divisions providing environmental assessment and planning, regulatory approvals/permitting, and contaminated sites assessment/management support to facilitate the completion of challenging projects for our clients in the oil and gas, and mining sectors.
Reporting to the Environment Lead, you will provide contaminated sites assessment and management services for the industrial, municipal, and commercial sectors throughout western and northern Canada. Working closely with all our senior staff, suitable candidates will have significant opportunity for mentorship and career development.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading and completing contaminated sites assessment and remediation work.
- Project management and execution including preparation of work plans, field investigations (soil, surface and groundwater sampling), data analysis and interpretation, project reports, technical memos, and letters.
- Supervising and documenting drilling and monitoring well installations.
- Laboratory and contractor liaison.
- Client liaison and support.
- Performing ecological and/or human health risk assessments.
- Contributing to business development in the contaminated sites practice area.
- Bachelors' degree in relevant pure or applied science (M.Sc. degree preferred).
- Minimum 5 years' post-graduation experience in environmental consulting with a focus on contaminated sites assessment, management, remediation and reclamation, and risk assessment/management in Saskatchewan or Alberta.
- Professional registration (P.Geo., P.Ag., P.Eng., R.P.Bio. or P.Chem.), or eligible to become registered.
- An understanding of contaminant hydrogeology and monitoring well design, construction, and sampling.
- Application of risk-based criteria.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Saskatchewan Environmental Code, CSA Phase I to III.
- Contaminated sites assessment and management experience related to municipal or industrial landfills, oil and gas, and mining sectors would be an asset.
- Knowledge of toxicology and contaminant fate and distribution modeling would be an asset.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
For more information or to be considered for this positions, please contact us at www.axiomex.com/contact, or send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.