Seeking multiple, experienced exploration geologists to join our team for various assignments on projects across North America.
Reporting to the CEO of Axiom Exploration you will provide office and remote field support for variable geological exploration and prospecting projects.
- To provide on-site field support of prospecting and mapping programs.
- Assist with a variety of geological activities at both the deposit-scale and regional-scale including surficial and geochemical sampling, programs, geological mapping, prospecting, ground geophysical surveys, lake sediment sampling and core logging.
- Provide information for daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Perform interpretation and modeling of lithology and mineralogy.
- Aid in the design and management of delineation drilling programs.
- Interpret geological data and model deposits.
- Log diamond drill core as required.
- Research, data compilation, and data entry for a variety of geological, geophysical, and geochemical datasets.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology or equivalent (eligible for professional registration with APEGS/APEGA).
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with gold base metal exploration and/or mining with working knowledge of structural geology, geochemistry and geophysics.
- Knowledge of Vulcan and Leapfrog software an asset.
- GIS background would be considered an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical and organization skills.
- Professionally fluent in written and spoken English (ILR Level 4-5 or CLB Level 10-12).
- Must be in good physical condition and willing to comply with all project health and safety requirements, including any site specific certifications.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry and push 75 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach below and at-shoulder level.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Residents of Saskatchewan preferred.
- Successful completion of a recognized First Aid training safety course. Certification must be current and not due to expire for the anticipated duration of the project.
For more information or to be considered for these positions, please contact or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.