Axiom Environment, a division of Axiom Group, is searching for a senior environmental scientist/engineer to lead our dynamic and collaborative team of scientists, geologists, and engineers in our Saskatoon office.
Axiom Environment provides a range of environmental consulting services to a diverse set of clients throughout North America. We also collaborate with our Energy Services, Exploration, and UAV & Geomatics divisions providing environmental assessment and planning, regulatory approvals/permitting, and contaminated sites assessment/management support to facilitate the completion of challenging projects for our clients in the oil and gas, and mining sectors.
Reporting to the Vice President of Axiom Environment, you will be responsible for: technical project/proposal management; regulatory leadership; managing and mentoring staff; strategic planning; and, business development.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Build, manage, and inspire the Saskatoon-based environment team on a day-to-day basis.
- Working closely with the Vice President:
- Establish and ensure that individual staff and overall division performance and financial targets are achieved.
- Contribute to quarterly forecasting and financial planning.
- Contribute to the annual business plan for the company and identify potential market opportunities and threats.
- Organize and execute short-term business development objectives including, but not limited to: writing proposals; and, developing and fostering new and existing client relationships.
- Perform project management and execution duties, as needed.
- Provide senior review and leadership for division projects and proposals, as needed.
- Ensure the high quality of technical reports, proposals, regulatory applications, and other deliverables.
- Recruit, supervise, mentor, and train staff.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 total years in environmental or engineering consulting (including project management and execution), and at least 5 years in a management or leadership role with direct reports.
- Professional registration (P.Eng., R.P.Bio., P.Biol., P.Geo., P.Ag.).
- Proven business acumen and ability to grow a business line.
- Business development experience in both private and public sectors. Specific experience in oil and gas, and mining is an asset.
- Experience in the Saskatchewan and Alberta markets.
- Exceptional leadership, coaching, and organizational skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Strong decision-making skills, and ability to affect change.
- Team player.
For more information or to be considered for this positions, please contact us at www.axiomex.com/contact, or send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.